Silver tarnishes over time. This is a natural process. You can help prevent tarnishing by:
- Removing jewellery when you shower, swim, garden, do the housework and do sport.
- Not spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off at night.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in very hot temperatures.
Just by placing your jewellery in the wrong place can make your jewellery age much quicker.
- Jewellery boxes are ideal.
- Do not store your jewellery in the open, keep each item in a pouch in a jewellery box.
- This will slow down the tarnishing, but will also ensure they don’t get scratched or tangled.
A simple regular clean with a cloth is sometimes, all that it takes.
- Clean silver with a soft, lint-free cloth or a silver cloth. Silver cloths are available from most jewellers.
- We don’t recommend silver dip as this can increase the rate of tarnish over time.
- Semi-precious and precious stones can be wiped with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Using materials other than a soft cloth may cause scratching.
We have a fully-equipped jewellery workshop too. It is run by our head goldsmith who has over 30 years experience. He has worked for highly renowned jewellers and is skilled in all areas of jewellery repairs, from simple chain repairs to total redesign and manufacture. If you want to know more, take a look here.